Perfect for Parties, Great as Gifts

Perfect for Parties, Great as Gifts
Looking to hire me for a party or special event? email me at kathyebailey@aol.com !

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

new post - how to get great art!

I plan on updating this old blog regularly now. Since I've started blogging on my other new sites (about the psychology and business of caricature, and about visiting vegas with kids, since you asked), it just seems natural to want to blog more on my own art page. Duh! Plus workign in Las vegas is WAYyyyyyyyy more interesting than anyplace else I've ever drawn. This place has some SERIOUS weirdoes. Dontcha love it?

Here's some of my very favorite peices done of me over the years. I GOT almost ALL of this great art at the NCN conventioin! The NCN has morphed into an international  organization known as the International Society of Caricature Artists. Their website, www.caricature.org, is what got me started on the path in life that I'm on now. I was a caricaturist before. Now I'm a fanatic. It's like, a religion. I mean, I eat, breathe, think and even SLEEP caricature. (Does anyone know a good therapist?)

Actually, more precisely, I eat breathe sleep and what-have-you the psychology of caricature. With a minor in improving my art ;)

Anyway, if you AREN'T a member and are a professional caricaturist, PLEASE JOIN! It changed my life. I met hundreds of like-minded artists. My craft improved exponentially from exposure to all of the other amazing artists that attend the conventions. I got lots of free art that'll be worth beaucoup bucks one day (I hope.), AND if that WASN'T enough, I met my husband at one of the conventions. Art, career, true love. You can't beat it.

And the Convention is coming up! In LESS THAN A WEEK! SO go to www.caricature.org and sign UP, people! Oh and BTW you dont have to be a caricaturist to join, just an enthusiast :) its only 50$ a year and they'll prorate your membership. :) Happy sketching!

my old faves:

me by Adam Pate. I just love the simplicity of this

I think this was Gabe Hunts but I'm not positive. Feel free to correct me.

 Me in anime. A little Japanese artist came up and asked my name at my first con, I regret I didn't know who it was. No signature.

 Buddy did this as a sketch when we were sitting around tearing each other up one night. It's my favorite he's done of me :)
 Ben Burgraffs. One of many. Don't know where it wound up when we moved back in July.
 I think this was Dinos...
                                 I WISH I knew who did this one. (above) Love it!!!
 I pride myself on not getting offended by the most insulting of caricatures of myself, I mean, come ON... we can give it but we can't take it??? But I gotta admit, this one I actually got insulted by. LOLOL! I find that very funny now. The drawing too. It's now one of my faves :)
 A bunch of guys (and me, bottom right) drawn by Grigor Eftomov at my first con. They raffled it off.   I didn't win,
 Me by Emily Anthony, another Philly filly. THanks sweetie! I do love it!
 Me by Elgin BOllings, the infamous SUBWAYSURFER. He's evidently embroiled in some legal suit involving someone misquoting him. Ah, ELgin. He really helped me when I was just starting out. Which I kind of considerto be when I joined the NCN (Now the ISCA). DId I mention I was a caricaturist for nearly ten YEARS before I joined the NCN? This is why my work sucks lol.
 I think this ties for first place for my very faves. I think is was Tankana that did it. THank you!!! It's BEAUTIFUL. I asked what the marble eye meant - he said "The third eye." Ho ho, so true. He must have a third eye as well.
 My daughter gracie by Sam Gorrie. I don't know why but another one by her did'nt load properly. I'll put it in my next post.
                              Roger Hurtado, who still won't speak to me to this day. Ask him why.
                                      
                               Justin Galloway, who I think I never actually met.
                                                                       Mituki
                              Adam Pate. I love this one. I DO have perennial bags under me eyes!
                                                               Amazing Anonymous
                                                                         Sean Garner




Ed Steckley. He thought I didn't like it when he gave it to me. Truth is, I was speechless. Thanks Ed!
My all-time fave above (Bryan Oakes)
my new fave below (Ryan Belko)

If anyone knows the artists missing help me out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Feel free to post! I love feedback :)